Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Here We Go...

Hello everyone from Philadelphia-
I just spent the last couple of days in what the Peace Corps calls staging. We went through the 'nuts and bolts' of the PC like the rules and such. It has been pretty boring but I've met some great people. There are 34 PC trainees here. 10 are going to Botswana and 24 of us to Zambia. I can honestly say that I enjoy every one of the people I'm going to Zambia with. Only 1 smelly hippy out of 24...not too bad.
I'm getting ready to hop on a bus to NYC where we'll take a flight from JFK. To those of you that I told it was a 13ish hour flight...I was way off. The flight is 18 hours with a quick refueling stop in Dakar, Senegal. After that it's off to Johannasburg for the night. Then we'll fly to Lusaka (Capitol of Zambia) and spend a couple of days at the PC headquarters there to meet people and have a bit more training. After that, we're all splitting up and spending 4 days in the bush living in tents with current volunteers and seeing what a day in the life is like. Should be great. Then off to Mwerka just outside of Kitwe about 225 miles north of Lusaka where we'll begin our job and language training.
Anyways, I hope you're all doing well and everything is great here (except for the impending 18 hour plane ride). Take care and I hope to update you all again, soon.

Pearson, out.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your Mom told us what you were doing! We are keeping you in prayer. Bob & Jan

     
  • At 6:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Only 1 smelly hippy out of 24

    You were the only one? Just kidding. Sounds like it will be fun.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home