Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Communication from Here on Out

So, in 6 days I swear in and make the metamorphasis from an ugly Peace Corps Trainee into a beautiful Peace Corps Volunteer. After that, I won't have access to a computer except for once in a blue moon. So we're required to revert to the days of pony express, but instead of horses we'll be employing planes, trucks, and who knows what other types of transportation. (By the way, if you only read the most recent post, I made two today so be sure to read the post below.) In case any of you want to call me and hear my voice one last time, you can probably reach me at the following number from November 19-21. Here you go, 011-260-4-222-948. That is the phone number for the Kasama Provincial House and I'll be staying in Kasama those days to take care of some business before heading out to site. Just ask for me if you call.
I'm posting address below if you want to write me. If you do, I promise I'll write back. I've already written back the people who've written to me so you'll be getting a response. If you want to send me books, I'm pretty sure I'll come home or at least have my parents visit so you'll get any books back that you may send me. I'm almost finished with 6 books now so I'm sure I'll do a ton of reading.

For letters and small boxes/packages, send them to:
Brett Pearson
P.O. Box 470161
Mporokoso, Zambia
Africa

For bigger boxes, send them to:
Brett Pearson/PCV
c/o Peace Corps
P.O. Box 410374
Kasama, Zambia
Africa

If you want to send something but aren't sure what to send...some ideas are, powdered gatorade or crystal light stuff, beef jerky, Clif Bars, or any snack-type stuff. Getting pictures, magazines, any other local gossip would also be nice. I look foward to hearing from you and hope to get some letters.
As far as my website goes, I plan on writing an update and mailing it to my friend Curt (Thank you) and he'll update the site for me. I hope to do so once/month or so, so be sure to check in every once in awhile. I sincerely miss you all and think about many of you often so thanks to you who email me and check in from time to time. Take care of yourselves and I'll be sure to do the same. That's about all I can think of for now.
The next time this is updated I'll have plenty of stories from the bush to tell you. If you have any last minute things to tell me I might be able to check email at the Kasama house, but that's never a sure thing. Peace to you all and have a Happy Thanksgiving. Eat some extra turkey and squash for me.

Pearson, out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home