Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

'Tis The Rainy Season

Greetings & Salutations everyone. As I approach the start of my sixth month in Zambia, I really can't believe I've been gone from home for that long. What I really have a hard time picturing is that less than a year ago I was still taking classes at Iowa. It all seems worlds away. Anyways, I digress. It's the height of the rainy season and all is well.

For the last month or so it has been raining almost everyday. It rains all times of the day, but the good thing is it finishes after a couple of hours. When it rains here people stop working like they're communists. They look at you like you're crazy if you're outside in the rain. That's nice because if I have an appointment at 7:00 and it's raining, I just get to stay in bed and sleep.

Like I said things here are great and have really been picking up a lot, but you can read about that below. I posted new pictures at the beginning of January, so if you haven't been here in awhile, fell free to check them out. I hope you find the following posts interesting and/or entertaining. Be sure to read the last one.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Bret,
    It's so fun for us back home to read about what you all are doing over there...keep the posts up. Errr...are you at Kasama House now and do you happen to know if Devin will be there soon?

     
  • At 12:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Brett is in Kasama now (2-23-06) He plans to be there until Sunday at least. Annie is there too, but don't know if Devin is or not. I talked to Brett today & he didn't say who besides Annie was there. It is certainly worth a try to reach him.
    Sharon Pearson

     
  • At 2:17 AM , Blogger Mike Ballard said...

    I like the association of the concept "communist" with the idea of free-time. Long may it reign...

     
  • At 9:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Brett,
    It is so good to read about your adventures. It is rainy here as well. I am getting ready for CYC and I have been thinking about you a lot. I just hired the summer staff you would be proud. Kelsey says it will be wierd to have camp without you.

    Keep safe!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home