Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Livingstone and Victoria Falls

The day after my folks flew in I was a bastard son and subjected them to the novelty of public transport. We boarded a bus at the public bus terminal and were told it would leave in 30 minutes. I've been here long enough to know that was crap, but went along with it anyways. Over two hours later the bus was boarded by a preacher who preached to us (everyone on the bus) for 20 minutes or so about a whole plethora of topics before praying for our safety. Busses are dangerous here so they always pray for good luck before departing. We broke down before reaching Livingstone and then entire trip took nine hours. My parents took it surprisingly well.

After reaching Livingstone we did the touristy stuff of just going to the Victoria Falls. It was my third trip, so I saved the ooohs and aaaahs. My parents however, were using adjectives such as, marvelous, incredible, and breath-taking. In addition to the falls, we went on a sunset cruise (a.k.a. booze cruise). After a couple hours of pounding gin and tonics (free liquor), our bartender, Freddy, made my folks and I a Freddy's Special. It was quite delicious. I can honestly say this is the first time I've seen my mother completely toasted. Very entertaining. After four nights in the 'Adventure Capital of Africa,' we flew to South Luangwa National Park for four nights of safari.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Now, come on, "toasted"! I was just really enjoying myself! It's all in the perception.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home