Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

T-Minus 3 Months

It's looking like my time here in Zambia will officially terminate on September 1. Right now I'm in Lusaka at some committee meetings, but will be heading back to Northern Province tomorrow evening then biking back to my village to spend all of June working. I pretty much have only 7 or 8 weeks left in the village because some of my 3 months will be spent travelling when my parents come to visit and attending a couple of other meetings along the way. Although I've thoroughly enjoyed a vast majority of my time here and feel incredibly lucky for the opportunities given to me and friendships made here, I'm looking forward to closing my service here and starting the next chapter of whatever I'm supposed to do with my life. I am still pursuing my attempts to extend my time in the PC somewhere else in the world, but it's mostly looking more and more like a long shot. I'm ok with that though.

Check my picture website because I'm trying to update it with more pictures, but the computer here is moving quite slowly. Anyways, take care of yourselves and keep in touch. My apologies for the lameness of these two posts, but I just downed two cups of coffee and my mind is racing so these don't have the usual charm and wit. I'll try harder next time.

brett

5 Comments:

  • At 10:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Brett!
    We can't wait until we get there to see you. We are so looking forward to spending the time there with you & sharing your adventure with you for a period of time.
    The time will soon be arriving!
    Lots of love to you - Mom

     
  • At 9:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Bret,
    Great meeting you and the other PCV's in Zambia. You guys are AMAZING! Have you heard anything about Katie?

    Noni

    P.S. to Bret's Mom...you will be amazed....

     
  • At 1:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Okay...I found your blog by a google search for "beards Zambia." My hubby and I am considering adopting a baby in Zambia soon. He has a gread (but large) beard. What do Zambians think of that...particularly the officials? Do they trust guys with beards? We spent some time in Hungary and had very mixed opinions.
    Would they give a baby to a guy with a beard or would you recommend shaving? Funny questions, I know...but they are serious, really!

     
  • At 2:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Brett, just stopping by to say hi. Your pictures on here are pretty sweet. I especially enjoy your constantly changing hair stylings. Enjoy the rest of your time there and I'll see you back in the states buddy.

    -Bisch

     
  • At 6:35 AM , Blogger Brett said...

    jodi-
    i think the beard should be fine. people may think it a bit odd that someone would choose to grow a large beard, but i haven't experienced any trust issues at all. i shaved a couple months ago and nobody really commented on the disappearance of my 7 month old beard.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home