Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Buzz in Chalabesa

Some of you may recall that I tried to teach a bee keeping session in my village (Chalabesa) around November but had a terrible turnout. People cited the rainy season as the reason for this because people had too much work to do in the fields. I believed this and decided to put these sessions on the back burner for a few months. About a month ago I gave it another try but had the meetings in a different village. Much to my surprise I had about 20 people attend which exceeded my expectations. It was a really great time and people seemed very interested and enjoyed themselves. I've even been told that a handful of attendees have already constructed hives and captured swarms so that the honey production in that particular village (Kabushi) is currently under way. Hooray!

Then, a week and a half later I again tried to host the same session in my village, but after waiting for 2.5 hours later than the original start time, only 5 people showed up. Everyone agreed that there was no sense in having the sessions if there weren't at least 10 people present, so the two-day workshop was cancelled. It's kind of a bummer, but cilifye bwino (it's ok).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home