Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

My Oh My, How the Time Does Fly

Hello, hello-
It's been almost 7 months since I left the states already. I really can't believe it actually. I'm over 25% done with my Peace Corps service now. Things are going really great. My health has not been a problem except for an eye infection a few weeks ago that lasted for 5 days or so. Work has been slow the last few weeks. We're nearing the end of the rainy season so my farmers have been incredibly busy in their fields and haven't been able to meet with me too much lately.
Right now I'm in Livingstone for our committee meetings. Myself and a guy Devin are the Northern Province respresentitives on the Diversity Committee. We came down on Sunday and now I have to leave today already. Below are some stats of my service thus far:
Ponds Measured: 4
Lbs. of Fish Harvested: About 500
Miles Biked: 1000
Books Read: 30 (The last few are Grapes of Wrath, Chronicles of Narnia and Life of Pi)
Mice Killed: 15
Candles Burned: 92
Best Time Solving Rubik's Cube: 4:26

I'm heading back to site for a few days soon and then for Easter, several of us are going to Livingstone to take in the awe-inspiring Victoria Falls. Apparently the town is pretty fun. I may even go bungee jumping.
April 19 my training group commences our IST (In-Service Training) where we'll learn about bee keeping and other various aspects of fish farming. I hope to update this again and add new pictures as well.
I hope you're all doing well. Thanks for the letters, books, and food.
Take Care.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM , Blogger Jeannie said...

    Hi Brett, It is good to read your blog. I'm glad things are going well for you there. I can't believe you are already a quarter of the way through. Keep posting!

     
  • At 12:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Brett, We all love to hear of your adventures and work projects. We really look forward to your blogs and phone calls to get a better idea of what your life in Zambia is like. Keep up the interesting and fun reporting.

    Can't wait to see you this summer.
    Love you - Mom

     
  • At 5:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Brett,
    Thanks for the update. I am sure that it must have been a shock to see the RIP shirt in Zambia. Must be from that 2004 World Tour. It sounds like you are having a great time and doing lots of good work.
    Keep it up!
    Peace,
    Rob Hoover

     
  • At 8:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Brett, I found a Zambia joke on the web:

    What do you call a beautiful woman in zambia?
    Answer: a tourist

    Is this true? I bet you found some fine ladies.

    -Bisch

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home