Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Pat McManus in Zambia

So the other night I was at a bar in Kasama (The Groove) with a few other volunteers when I saw the most amazing thing. In fact, I almost fell off of my chair when it walked through the door. A man came in to the bar wearing a Pat McManus Band t-shirt. Since many of you are unaware of who he is, I'll give you a short explanation.
Pat McManus has a band that goes around schools in Iowa playing music and telling kids not to do drugs and believe in themselves, etc. When I worked at the summer camp I was at, Pat and his band would come to play music every Tuesday, so you can imagine my surprise when some guy thousands of miles away was wearing one of those shirts. I think Zambia just got a shipment of clothes from Iowa because the used clothes places have had ISU and UNI and other various Iowa t-shirts aplenty.
Anyways, not too exciting but I thought a few of you would find this to be humorous.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Brett, that's awesome. I laughed out loud when I read that. I bet you felt like you wanted to tell someone but nobody there would understand what you were talking about. Well I do buddy. I do. Be careful over there. Enjoyed reading your stories.

    -Bisch

     
  • At 5:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Brett, That's amazing. I only wish that I could see a Pat shirt here. A few weeks ago I saw a Dowling shirt and was super excited but nobody else understood.
    Beth

     
  • At 10:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hiya, Brett. It's Momma J.! Pat McManus came to Ankeny a couple weeks ago to do a free concert on an early dismissal day. I wanted to get over to the park to see him and dance a little to Proud Mary, but I had an inservice meeting. Kids get all the luck! Ha! Love your blog. Hurry home safely.
    Sure do,
    CJ (Momma J.) xoxoxoxoxo

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home