Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

What Became of the Wizard

So, there has been a resolution to the ousting of the village wizard. Unfortunately this has all been told to me, because I didn't know that they were doing this until after it happened.
After the first failed attempt at capturing his witchcraft and locating the object which was giving him his wizardry power, they went to the bullpen and called in the big guns to bring in a more famous witch doctor. Witch doctor's here are like sports figures back home, there are some which are known for hundreds of kilometers and treated like psuedo-celebrities.
To make a long story short, they went through the same song and dance (quite literally) and caught the witchcraft. Then the presented a wooden statue about 8 inches tall of a pregnant woman sitting in a chair with a pierced naval. That is what was giving him his power.
Lombe had to pay a million kwacha (~$300) or so, they took the statue, and that's it. Apparently, without the statue he has no power, so everyone is safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home