Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Here I am, reporting from Lusaka. Tomorrow we're all heading out to our respective provincial capitols. I head out at 06:30 hours for a fun 14 hour ride up to Kasama. Once I get there I'll have Satuday morning (all shops are closed Saturday past noon) to buy all of my supplies (bed, brazier, food, buckets, etc.), open my banking account, and meet some government officials that I'll probably be working with at some point in the time during the next 2 years.
On Sunday I'll be heading out to Chalabesa so I can move into my own house. I think I'll spend my first two weeks just meeting neighbors, relaxing, getting my house set up, and getting my garden and compost pile ready for the rainy season. Starting Sunday evening, I will be sans electricity, phone, and running water until I come back to Kasama around Christmas. It should be fun.
All of my fellow Volunteers and I are doing a lot better now. It has been a tough week, but it's getting better. I think most of us are ready to get out to site just to have some time alone to just decompress.
Tonight we're headed to this Chinese restaurant for our final dinner together before headed out tomorrow morning. It's weird to think that some of these people who I've spent almost every day with for the last 3 months will become strangers to me except for when I see them about twice each year for various meetings. Oh well, I suppose those of us who have become good friends will keep in touch.
I hope this post reaches all of you in good health and spirits on this day of Thanksgiving. We're keeping our heads up here and I look forward to hearing from some of you while I'm out in the bush. You can get my address from the post, "Communication From Here on Out."
Take care.

Pearson, out.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:14 PM , Blogger Susan said...

    Good luck Brett, we all look forward to your posts.

    We are continuing to keep you in our thoughts and prayers,

    Jonn Forslund's mother, Susan

     
  • At 5:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Brett,
    Not sure when you will get this, but wanted you to know that we are praying for you and all of your fellow PCV's, and especially Wyatt's family. I hope you are doing ok!
    Good Luck!
    Peace and God Bless,
    Rob Hoover

     
  • At 6:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Brett!
    Your website is so nice. It's good to see what you are up to and that you are doing well. I hope the move into your new house goes well. Sending love from Iowa City :), Joanna

     
  • At 1:01 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    Good luck with it all!

     
  • At 8:37 PM , Blogger NNs said...

    uhhh, who is this unsane lady. you should check out the gem of a comment on my blog. hows northern. we're back in solwezi for work permits, you know so we can stay in this country for a while longer. i think that mutoma kicks your sites ass. later.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home