Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Metamorphasis Is Complete

Well, as of 2 hours ago I am now an official Peace Corps Volunteer. We had our swearing-in ceremony followed by a nice rememberance for Wyatt. We opened the floor for people to say a few words about him which was nice. His parents wrote a letter to be read to us that was great. They thanked us for being with him and helping make his last weeks some of his best. It brought a pretty good sense of closure to the group I think.

It seems that the eight of us going to Northern Province are going to be staying here in Lusaka for the next few days so that we can celebrate Thanksgiving together. So Friday morning we'll take off and head for Kasama. I'm going to postpone when people can call the Kasama house until Saturday afternoon your time. Tomorrow we're going to be moving to a cheaper hotel so the pre-provided phone number for the hotel I'm at will be void after midnightish tonight for you all.

Thank you very much to those of you who have emailed me messages of support and condolences. It was great to hear from you. I hope this email finds you all in good health and spirits. Take care.

Pearson, out.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for keeping Wyatt alive on your page... I know us Hamline University grads appreciate seeing him talked about all over the world.

     
  • At 7:17 PM , Blogger Fletch said...

    Brett-

    I was a friend of Wyatt's from his time in DC, and I had the privilege of attending the funeral this weekend. I wanted to thank you and your mother for the email that she read. It was very meaningful for many of us to hear from someone who had lived with Wyatt for the past couple of months. The photos and booklet were also wonderful to see. I am only sorry that you and the other Peace Corps volunteers could not have joined Wyatt's other friends from Dell Rapids, Hamline U., and DC in celebrating his life.

    Good luck with your time in Zambia!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home