Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Mosi-oa-Tunya

For Easter, we had 4 free vacation days so a big group of volunteers and I headed down to Livingstone to see the sights and Victoria Falls. Vic Falls are the biggest water falls in the world. In local language it is Mosi-oa-Tunya, or "The Smoke that Thunders." The falls were an impressive sight, and since it is the rainy season they were in full force. As you approach the falls you can see the mist rising above the tree line from a long distance away. There is so much mist and such that you are literally getting rained on the whole time you're walking on the path along the falls. Apparently in the dry season, you can actually walk across the top of the falls where now millions of gallons of water are spilling over. I'm hoping to head back to Livingstone this summer so I'll let you know about it if I do that.

I had every intention in bungee jumping this time around, but decided to spend my money tiger fishing (see below) instead. I know I'll head back down south to Livingstone several more times during my time here though so I'll go bungeeing at sometime. Livingstone was a pretty cool town though with lots of good food and many opportunities to go on safaris and other various activities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home