Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Tiger Fishing

So during the Easter weekend trip to Livingstone, several of us decided to go Tiger fishing in the Zambezi River. You should Google a picture of them because they're incredibly beautiful fish and argued to be, pound for pound, the best fresh water fighting fish.
Our spirits were initially dampened when we found out that the best time to fish for tigerfish is June/July, not April. But the scenery was nice and all that jazz so it was still pleasant. We went fishing in the morning, and Matt from Jersey landed a nice 18ish inch tiger and got it in the boat. That was all we saw that morning. We stopped for lunch after a few hours where we ate on a huge houseboat and had a few beers.
After an hour's rest, we set back out to go catch dinner. This time we decided to try our luck in the scary sounding rapids. I got a bite, the fish jumped a few feet out of the water, but I was unable to set the hook correctly and it ended up being the fish that got away. Quite unfortunate, but it was still exciting for me.
Of the ten of us that went fishing that day, Matt was the only one who got a fish in the boat. That's okay though because I have every intention of returning to fish before coming home this summer. Apparently once the river has gone down, numerous herds of elephants and other wildlife migrates up from Botswana and Namibia, and the fishing is second to none.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Geesh...I thought for sure Devin would have caught a fish....I thought he learned from me!

    N.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home