Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

My friend Brett's Dorito's Contest!!!

Hello everybody,

My good friend Brett Snider entered a commercial contest for Dorito's. He is one of five finalists and if he wins his commercial will play during the super bowl! Now it's up to votes to determine the winner so please go vote!!! Here is the email that he has been sending out to explain the contest. Please read it and then vote religiously. Thank you!


......................................................
Hello friends, family, and acquaintances,

As most of you know I am trying to become a director. My friend Billy
and I are a directing team and we've done a music video and a couple
of commercials, one of which won a national contest for converse. We
recently shot two commercials for a Dorito's contest. The prize is
some cash, a trip to Miami and our commercial being shown during the
Super Bowl!

As of today, one of our commercials is a FINALIST! Meaning, we are
flying to Miami for the Super Bowl.

Obviously we're extremely excited. So now here's where you come in.
The competition has been narrowed down from 1100 entrants to 5
finalists. Now that it's down to 5 commercials the judging has been
turned over to the public and we need your votes.
You can vote from any computer once a day starting now and going until
January 19.

We're emailing everybody we know and asking them to email everyone
that they know. We need to take advantage of myspace, facebook,
whatever kind of blog you know and love. Give the link to everyone in
your office. Ask your friends to do the same. Give the link to your
tender, loving parents, it'll give them something exciting to do.

I understand that this is a lot to ask and I'm aware that it's
potentially annoying. We're only asking this of people because we take
the voting very seriously.

Winning this contest and having a commercial in the Super Bowl will be
the start of our career as directors. Having this under our belts will
most likely get us a job and change our lives dramatically.

We're excited for you to watch the commercial. We're very proud of it
and think that ours is the best looking and funniest of the 5.

Here is the link:
http://promotions.yahoo.com/doritos/

After going to the link click on "cast your vote" You'll then have to
sign in to yahoo if you're not already a member. I know I know. That
sounds annoying and at this point you'll want to go to the kitchen and
eat something smothered in ranch, but don't. It's actually painless
and takes about 30 seconds. And you'll only have to do that part once,
signing in after that will take 2 seconds.

So after you've signed in you will be directed to the 5 videos. Our's
is titled "Mousetrap" click the little box underneath the thumbnail
once a day for the next two weeks and you'll feel good for helping a
couple of young Americans live out their young American dream.

Thank you for reading this and helping us spread the word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home