Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Transfer/Extension

I'll admit, it is strange to think that as early as August, or as late as November I'll be able to return home. This excites me greatly and I look forward to the time that I can come home again and see all of you whom I miss. But the last several months I've also done a lot of thinking while here about whether I'm ready to be done with seeing the world and trying to do my part to assist people who have a real need for education and skills to improve their standard of living. The Peace Corps is a great opportunity to complete both of these desires and I have been considering to perhaps extend my contract, but transfer to another country.
The ball has barely started rolling in this, but I've put a lot of thought into where I'd like to possibly transfer. The chances of it working out are very slim because so many factors need to align to make it possible for me to get this transfer I'm hoping for. Right now, the leading places I'd like to go are, Fiji, Kiribati, Bolivia, Vanuatu, Belize, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Honduras, Argentina, Venezuela, and Paraguay. If this works out, PC is required to send me home for a month if I want, which I will. I'm just now starting to put together my resumé and request and hope to complete those within a month and be able to send them off to the requested countries.
I'll be sure to keep you updated on any progresses/failures with this.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nice look you've got goin on...keep it up. It looks good on you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home