Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Life As Of Late

So, it's been awhile. Hopefully you're all doing well back home (wherever that is). Things here have been good. I was going to update my site about a month ago and then discovered that nothing too exciting had been happening, so I didn't have much to report. Life in the village has been good.
Life in Zambia has been very cold. Every night I sleep up in Mporokoso, I'm thankful that my predecessor left his blanket for me so that I have two to keep me warm with. I bet it gets around 40 or so at night. It is bloody cold, and doesn't warm up until 10 or 11 in the morning. But then it's a good 70 or 80 out.
I just finished up being the PC Volunteer of the week at the training center that I was at last fall which was nice. The new trainees that will be posted in August are a fun group that should be a good addition to the PC Zambia family. I must admit, I didn't have a real active role in the week...but was able to answer a lot of questions that they had concerning what life is really like for a volunteer.
The family I stay with just had a recent addition to the family a few weeks ago. Her name is Kapembwa. It was funny because bamayo (mom) was working just as hard as ever, and then on a Friday afternoon I was taking off to go work and she came out of the house to inform me that she had a baby in the house. It was a very cute little thing not even 24 hours old.
Right now I'm in Lusaka at the Peace Corps HQ where I'm working on a grant proposal. I just finished making an integration manual in Bemba that I'll be able to give to some of my farmers at some point in time in the near future hopefully.
Tomorrow I go to the airport to pick up my friend Justin who's coming to visit for a few weeks. We'll eventually head to Livingstone, Zanzibar, and Mporokoso. Then, July 25 I board a plane to return home.
I'm incredibly excited to see a lot of you and to experience America again, even if it is only for a few weeks. Take care everyone, and I'll talk to you soon.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yo yo yo...hope your travels are going well with your buddy. I'm in Lusaka with Edmee just gettin in all the time we can before I leave. Drop me a line if you get this...eileenmango@hotmail.com...pictures were great!!!!It was nice to see into your life at your site. Wish I could have made a visit. HAve any plans to travel while your in the states??? Let me know...Boulder is wonderful this time of year...lots to do. All the best, love and light,
    Eileen

     
  • At 3:06 PM , Blogger Jeannie said...

    Hi Brett, I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. This time last year you were just getting ready to leave. I remember the time I spent with Wyatt before he left. He was really anticipating his new life in Africa. Sometimes I still imagine Wyatt is really still there living out the adventures that were waiting in store. I hope we can meet you when you are home.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home