Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Future

The next couple of days I'm heading out to meet everyone in my village and surrounding villages. My goal for the next 3 days is to meet all of my fish farmers (I have 30 +) and most of the villagers. In four days I'm going to Kasama to try and get a glitch in my work permit figured out. None of us in our training group got work permits, so we're confined to Kasama starting the 9th because our temporary visas expire. I'd assume it will be easy to get it taken care of, but who knows?
For Christmas a big group of us are going to be headed to Lake Tanganyika to go camping. It should be a good time being around 8 or 10 of my fellow trainees again.
We have a meeting to go to in Kasama on January 6th, but after that I hope to be able to stay in my village for a couple of months and get some serious work started. Most of the guys who fish farm near me are very good at what they do, so I'll be working with them a lot on organic farming, sustainable agriculture, and agroforesting. For all of you raising your eyebrows and wondering how I know about any of that, touché. Fair enough, but I received 10 weeks of training: so that's why they sent me, I am an expert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home