Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Certified

The last several days here in Mozambique have been pretty great, but busy. Jeremy and I spent basically 8-17 at the SCUBA place trying to fit our 4 day course into a meager 3 days. It involved reading, tests, and practicals. It helped to reassure me that grad school isn't that appealing to me. SCUBA diving has been an incredible experience. We had 4 dives in the Indian Ocean and saw a whale shark, moray eels, all kinds of crazy fish (e.g. lionfish, etc.), and listened to humpback whales sing. So far the deepest depth we've dove to is 16 meters (50 ft.). After Jeremy leaves I think I'm going to get my deep diver's certification which will allow me to dive to 40 meters (130 feetish).

This place is beautiful. We can sit on the beach and watch humpback whales blow water into the air and then breach several meters into the air only a few hundred meters offshore. I'm really enjoying my time here and the beauty of traveling without a set itinerary is the option of staying as long as you want at a place. I'm probably going to spend another week or so here just being on the beach and all that. As my return date to the states nears, I get more excited to get home.
See ya'll soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home