Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Time Occupation

I've been waking up at around 8:00 every morning at which point I'll plop down on my front step and just look around for 20 or 30 minutes. Then I've been doing a lot of reading (I've finishing 4 books in the last week) in the mornings. Then I'll usually go dig around in my garden for awhile. I haven't planted anything yet, I'm just manually tilling the soil. As soon as I get my hands on some manure, though, I'll plant my seeds. After that I'll go wash dishes from the previous nights dinner in the nearby stream. At some point in time I sweep out my house. Since it is made of mud, it is slowly crumbling. If I brush up against the wall, a bunch of dirt falls to the floor. Having taken care of that, and with a new felling of accomplishment, I'll reward myself with a dip in my pool followed by lounging/reading in my hammock. During my lounging/reading time I usually enjoy some freshly picked bananas or mangos. I usually cook dinner around 5:00, after which I retreat into my candlelit hut to write some letters and listen to music.

I know, I know. It sounds like I don't do anything all day. Well this was just my first week here and I was going to give myself my first week to get used to everything before I venture out to start working. Just keep reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home