Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

All is Going Swimmingly

Just like the last few updates, this is just to let you know that all is well. Sorry that so much of these stories involve tales from SCUBA, but the alternative would be a description about beads of sweat dripping from mein brow on the beach. My days basically are halved between time at the SCUBA center, and reading on the beach.

Speaking of SCUBA, it's gone very well. My total time underwater is about 4 hours, 30 minutes as of a couple of hours ago. My dives have continued providing me with the opportunity to listen to humpbacks sing, but yesterday while diving I got to see something incredible. Manta rays, which can have a wingspan greater than 15 feet across were swimming around our group. The key is to try to remain still and let them get used to you so that they feel comfortable approaching. After several minutes of acting like a stone, one swam directly towards me and banked right over my head, maybe 3 or 4 feet above me. They're so graceful and gentle, it's not scary to have such a massive creature approaching you under the sea. In addition to that, there have been massive loggerhead sea turtles, moray eels, schools of fish, color changing octopi, various sting rays, and lots of very neat coral.

I think tomorrow morning (maybe Tuesday) I'm going to leave Tofo. I'll stay in Maputo (Mozambique capital) for a couple of days and figure out the best way for me to proceed to Swaziland. As usual, I'll continue to update you all along the way.
Much love.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WOW! What an experience!

     
  • At 1:10 PM , Blogger fleshhead sweden said...

    What happened? No updates. I thought they´d have excellent internet connections in SA? Is everything allright?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home