Brett Back In School

I have now finished my time overseas and have been home for almost two years now. I've decided to go to Palmer Chiropractic College as a means to create a career for myself. I miss the traveling, but the hope is that I'll be able to afford to travel all I want in my nearish future.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Cape to the Town

So here I am in Cape Town, South Africa. This is a very beautiful city located on the coast of the ocean and surrounded by mountains on the other side. I just got here yesterday after my ridiculously long bus ride (that really wasn't too bad) and got moved in to a backpackers. I got all cleaned up after a couple days of being unbathed and disgusting and then met up with two girls that I met in Mozambique to watch the England/France rugby match in the World Cup. I knew nothing of rugby a few weeks ago, and now I'm kind of getting into it. Tonight is the South Africa/Argentina game which should be entertaining to watch since the Springboks are the equivalent to the 'Dream Team' from Atlanta 1992 as far as excitement is concerned. People here love them.

Continuing with my lucky streak, one girl that I met in Moz, Keira, is from here and currently has no job so she's volunteering to take me out and be my tour guide to show me around the sites of Cape Town. I think we have a hike up Table Mountain and up to Lion's Head planned, and then I hope to go to the aquarium and botanical gardens as well. Since I have so long here, I'll probably leave the city and head out to the hills to go on a wine tasting tour in Stellenbosch and perhaps some spelunking at Canga Caves. As my mother always says, 'What vacation is complete without a bit of spelunking?' I don't know mother, I don't know.

As usual, I'm fine and healthy and look forward to seeing you soon.

Much love,
brett

1 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OK Brett, Now you can come home since the trip is complete! If you have been spelunking, there is nothing more to do. Can't wait for the stories! Thanks for keeping us updated.
    Love, Mom

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home